XAVC vs MOV
XAVC is a high resolution recording format for recording footage which was introduced by Sony. XAVC or XAVC S files features 4K (3840*2160) resolution, compression with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Wrapping format is MP4. Sony hereby assures XAVC format to be a video recording format that covers both of professional and consumer market.
MOV is a computer file format used natively by the QuickTime. The format specifies a multimedia container file that contains one or more tracks, each of which stores a particular type of data: audio, video, effects, or text (e.g. for subtitles).
1. XAVC is widely used for recording footage by professional camcorders like Sony F5 or F55, while MOV is used for Apple QuickTime.
2. Both XAVC and MOV are lossy formats which sacrifices quality for file size.
3. Apple devices and software like iPad, QuickTime, iMovie and older version FCP 6/7, etc support MOV files, but do not support XAVC.
Related Post of XAVC File formats
- Sony FDR AX1 XAVC S to FCP
- Convert Sony F5 or F55 XAVC to YouTube
- Convert Sony 4K XAVC to Apple ProRes
- How to convert XAVC to Sony Vegas
- How to edit Sony XAVC with Windows Movie Maker
- How to edit XAVC files with FCP
- Import XAVC, XAVC S to iMovie
- How to convert XAVC to FLV
- How to convert XAVC/XAVCS to MOV
- XAVC to AVI Converter
- Convert XAVC/XAVC S to MP4
Related Post of MOV File formats
- SWF to MOV Converter for Mac
- MOV to DVD Maker for Mac
- Blu-Ray to MOV Converter Mac
- MVC to MOV for Mac Converter
- CPI to MOV Converter for Mac
- Canon EOS Rebel T3i MOV to iMovie Converter
- Blu-ray to Kindle Fire Ripper
- Blu-ray to iTunes for Mac
- Blu-ray to Microsoft Surface Converter
- BIK Video Converter
- FLV to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- Rip Blu-ray to Nokia Lumia 2520
- OGV Video Converter
- CPI to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- PVR to AVI, WMV, VOB Converter
- Import iTunes Video to HTC One