MTS vs M2TS
MTS is a AVCHD container format developed by Sony and Panasonic for HD camcorder users. Now .MTS file format is widely used by more HD camcorder like Sony, JVC, Canon, etc for recording 1080i or 720p HD videos.
M2TS is container media format for multiplexing audio, video and other streams. .M2TS video files is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container and commonly used by Blu-ray Disc and AVCHD camcorder.
- 1.The two are different extensions used for the same container format.
- 2.MTS is the extension used in legacy file systems while M2TS is used in more modern ones.
- 3.MTS usually means that the file comes from an AVCHD camcorder while M2TS is from proper Blu-ray.
Related Post of MTS File formats
- JVC GZ-E505 MTS to iMovie Converter
- Sony MTS to MPEG-4 Converter
- Convert MTS to WMV
- MTS Editor for Mac os x
- How to convert AVCHD MTS to MOV on Mac
- Sony HX20V MTS to HDTV Converter
- MTS to SWF for Mac
- MTS to DV Converter for Mac
- How to edit MTS with iMovie on Mac
- MTS to AVI Converter for Mac
- MTS to Final Cut Pro X Converter
- MTS to MP4 Converter for Mac
- MTS to FLV Converter for Mac
- AVCHD to Sony Vegas Converter
- Sony DSC-RX100 Converter
- How to convert MTS to FCPX Mac