MTS vs 3GP
MTS is a AVCHD container format developed by Sony and Panasonic for HD camcorder users. Now .MTS file format is widely used by more HD camcorder like Sony, JVC, Canon, etc for recording 1080i or 720p HD videos.
3GP file format is defined by the Third Generation Paternership Projects for transfer audio and video files between 3G cell phones and over the Internet. File extension .3GP is a simplified standard of the MP4 standard that was designed to play, record video on 2G, 3G, 4G cell phones.
- 1. MTS are used for HD Camcorder like Sony, Panasonic, etc, while 3GP is dedicated for GSM-based phones.
- 2. Quality of MTS (1080i, 720p) will be better than 3GP.
- 3. MTS is created by the jointly Sony and Panasonic, 3GP is developed by 3GPP.
Related Post of MTS File formats
- JVC GZ-E505 MTS to iMovie Converter
- Sony MTS to MPEG-4 Converter
- Convert MTS to WMV
- MTS Editor for Mac os x
- How to convert AVCHD MTS to MOV on Mac
- Sony HX20V MTS to HDTV Converter
- MTS to SWF for Mac
- MTS to DV Converter for Mac
- How to edit MTS with iMovie on Mac
- MTS to AVI Converter for Mac
- MTS to Final Cut Pro X Converter
- MTS to MP4 Converter for Mac
- MTS to FLV Converter for Mac
- AVCHD to Sony Vegas Converter
- Sony DSC-RX100 Converter
- How to convert MTS to FCPX Mac