M2TS vs MP4
M2TS is container media format for multiplexing audio, video and other streams. .M2TS video files is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container and commonly used by Blu-ray Disc and AVCHD camcorder.
MP4 is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. MPEG-4 files with audio and video generally use the standard .mp4 extension. It is most commonly used to store digital video and digital audio streams.
- 1. MP4 is more popular for devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod, etc than M2TS.
- 2. M2TS is often with higher definition than MP4.
- 3. M2TS commonly used for storing video for Blu-ray disc and recording by HD camcorder.
Related Post of M2TS File formats
Related Post of MP4 File formats
- SWF to MP4 Converter on Mac Lion
- Blu-Ray to MP4 Converter
- MP4 to MP3 Converter for Mac
- KML Files Converter
- How to convert MP4 to OGV
- How to convert WebM to MP4
- How to convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- Sony Webbie to Windows Movie Maker Converter
- MP4 to Video Converter
- 640x480 MP4 Video Converter
- BIK Video Converter
- OGV Video Converter
- 3D MVC Video Converter
- PVR to AVI, WMV, VOB Converter
- MKV to MP4 Converter
- How to convert MOD to MP4