AVI vs M4V
AVI (Audio Video Interleave) has been the long standing format to save and deliver movies and other video files. It is a multimedia container format which contain both video and audio data in a file container for sync play audio and video.
M4V sticks with the MP4 format and uses H.264 for the video and AAC or Dolby Digital for the audio. M4V format is the default format for iTunes, and is thus the default format for portable Apple products like the iPhone, iPad, and iPod.
1: Both AVI and M4V are lossy formats which sacrifices quality for file size
2: Both AVI and M4V files can be opened and played with the version of Windows Media Player.
3: AVI is thought of as a container format with the M4V is a file container format used by Apple's iTunes application.
Related Post of AVI File formats
- AVI to iPad Mini Converter
- AVI to DVD Burner for Mac
- Blu-Ray to AVI Converter for Mac
- How to convert MVI files to AVI
- How to convert MXF to AVI on Mac
- How to convert MOV to AVI Mac
- AVI to Google Nexus 7 Converter
- AVI to DV Converter for Mac
- BIK Video Converter
- KML Files Converter
- OGV Video Converter
- 3D MVC Video Converter
- PVR to AVI, WMV, VOB Converter
- M2T to AVI Converter
- Convert video to PVR for playing
- AVCHD to AVI Converter