AVI vs ASF
AVI has been the long standing format to save and deliver movies and other video files. It is a multimedia container format which contain both video and audio data in a file container for sync play audio and video.
ASF is Microsoft's proprietary digital audio/digital video container format, especially meant for streaming media. ASF is part of the Windows Media framework. just specifies the structure of the video/audio stream.
1: AVI does have some of the advanced capabilities that are available in ASF.
2: AVI is thought of as a container format with the ASF is a container format for streaming media.
3: AVI is a more universal format (Linux can play it) but requires you hunt down software that will play it
Related Post of AVI File formats
- AVI to iPad Mini Converter
- AVI to DVD Burner for Mac
- Blu-Ray to AVI Converter for Mac
- How to convert MVI files to AVI
- How to convert MXF to AVI on Mac
- How to convert MOV to AVI Mac
- AVI to Google Nexus 7 Converter
- AVI to DV Converter for Mac
- BIK Video Converter
- KML Files Converter
- OGV Video Converter
- 3D MVC Video Converter
- PVR to AVI, WMV, VOB Converter
- M2T to AVI Converter
- Convert video to PVR for playing
- AVCHD to AVI Converter