AMR File Extension
Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR or AMR-NB) audio codec is the Compressed audio format developed by Ericsson; used by many 3G cell phones for voice recordings such as MMS messages; incorporates the Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction (ACELP) algorithm, which is designed to efficiently compress human speech audio.
AMR was adopted as the standard speech codec by 3GPPin October 1998 and is now widely used in GSM and UMTS. It uses link adaptation to select from one of eight different bit rates based on link conditions. Many modern mobile telephone handsets can store short audio recordings in the AMR format. The common filename extension is .amr. Here also recommend Audio Converter and Audio Converter for Mac to help you convert AMR audio.
Related Post of AMR File formats
- How to Rip DVD to AMR Audio?
- How to Convert AMR to MP3?
- Samsung Galaxy 3ga to MP3 Converter
- MP4 to MP3 Converter for Mac
- OGG to MP3 Converter
- 4K Youtube to MP3 Converter
- How to convert QCP to MP3
- How to convert DSS to MP3
- How to convert VOC to MP3
- MP3 to WAV Converter for Mac
- How to convert voice recorder 3GA to MP3 Mac
- AIFF to MP3 for Mac Converter
- Convert MKV to MP3 for Mac OS X
- Record online music to MP3
- How to Convert RAM to MP3?
- FLAC to MP3 for Mac Converter